Ema Hossain Design Portfolio

Take a look at my other blog EmaHossainDesign Portfolio to see more about my design work

Floral table decoration

I made a cheap but lovely looking table decoration recently using two reduced bunches from the local supermarket and a white painted pail, from a pound shop.


The flowers and the pail cost £5, and the pail can be reused


Ready to begin


First, I removed the leaves from the flowers


Removing the leaves means it will stay fresher in the water for a bit longer

The centre of the arrangement was made by taking the centre rose stem then placing the other stems diagonally to it
Here is the second rose
The court one has been added here
Florists have the technique mastered so they can create a fairly tight wrap, but you will see that you can still create a nice arrangement with loosely held one

Here are all the flowers in place and now to tie the stems together

I cut the string long enough to be able to wrap around the stems several times and tie it securely


If you have a go at this don't worry too much it your rose stems look like they are not staying together, once you have bound the twine around, you can gently nudge the roses and stems into place before making it securely held by the string.


I wrapped the string around several times 


Now I can begin to add the chrysanthemum flowers


I arranged the flowers around the edge of the roses, holding the stems in place


The contrasting colours look pretty together


The final arrangement will look like this


I secured with a little more string and then cut the stems down so that they would fit the white display pail

 
Here it all looking simple but lovely, you can Ofcourse add more decorations to the pail, maybe tie ribbons around it


I had made this lovely decoration  for my sister to give her the next day.
I decided to give the flowers as a posy and keep the pail for more flower arrangement making.
I kept the flowers overnight in water and the next morning wrapped them I tissue paper and ribbon making a delightful floral gift which she loved.






















No comments:

Post a Comment